- 150g butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 300g penne (we used Napolina 50% white 50% wholemeal)
- 40g butter
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 1 small leek, finely sliced (about 50g)
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 25g flour
Flour is a powdery ingredient usually made from grinding wheat, maize, rye, barley or rice. As…
- 600ml milk
One of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
- 100g frozen peas
A type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,…
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese (we used a vegetarian version)
- 1 slice day-old brown bread, blitzed into crumbs
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the butternut squash in a steamer over boiling water. Steam for around 15-20 mins or until tender. Drain and then blitz in a food processor until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan, add the leek and cook for 2 mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 mins more. Take the pan off the heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the peas and bring back to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the butternut squash, then 125g cheese.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and the breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and bubbling. http://mizanticaret.com