You know the easiest way to make a simple roast chicken something worthy of fancy dinner party?
Glaze it in the last few minutes of roasting with a little melted apricot preserves. It will make you look like a master chef!
It’s an old trick, but a good one.
In this recipe we’re taking it even further with a Middle-Eastern inspired cumin cinnamon rub. We love these flavors in our Slow Cooker Chicken Rice Casserole recipe, and they work beautifully with the apricot glaze.
If you want to take full advantage of the flavor that the cumin cinnamon rub can provide, as soon as you get home from the market with your chicken, take it out of its wrapping and coat it all over with the rub. Then return it to your fridge until an hour or two before you are ready to cook it.
- Want to know how to prep this bird for the oven? Try our guide, How to Truss a Chicken!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 4-pound (1.8 kg) whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves http://mizanticaret.com