- 500g dried rigatoni (or any other short pasta)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 300ml double cream
- 280g jar sundried tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 198g can no-added-salt sweetcorn, drained
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 3 x 120g cans tuna in spring water, drained
A member of the mackerel family, tuna are mainly found in the world’s warmer oceans. They…
- 100g cheddar, grated
Once cheddar was ‘Cheddar’, a large, hard-pressed barrel of cheese made by a particular…
- 50g parmesan, grated
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- Heat the grill to its highest setting and put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Tip in the pasta and cook for 1 min less than the pack suggests.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by simmering the tomatoes in a pan with a little seasoning and the thyme for about 5 mins. Pour in the cream, stir and simmer for another 4-5 mins.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, and tip back into the saucepan. Pour over the creamy tomato sauce, the sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna. Layer into a baking dish (ours was 22 x 29cm), scattering over the grated cheddar between layers. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and put under the grill for 5 mins until bubbling and golden. http://mizanticaret.com